Day 175 30/5/14 - Dunc & Lizzie’s Resort Durack WA

Six months ago I worked, since then I have spent a few minutes even an hour or two on the computer but today was all together different....I grabbed a few product samples and hit the road visiting my 10 or so customers around the Darwin area. Luckily Darwinians are a pretty relaxed bunch and I am looking pretty scruffy at the moment but none of them batted an eyelid at my bearded face, short hair or thong clad feet – they were all very appreciative that I had taken time to drop in and say Hi!

A few hours later and I swung by the resort to grab the wife and kids who had been doing some school work in my absence and headed back into Darwin. We headed to Stokes Hill wharf for some lunch looking out over Darwin Harbour and then up to the Hilton for the afternoon.....

Stokes Hill Wharf

The Hilton I head you ask? The Kenny’s who are as close to family as you can be without being a blood relation were in town for a conference and were staying there so we caught up with them. It was great to see them as apart from De’s mum and sister in Fremantle we hadn’t seen any rellies since we left home. We had a few beers on the pool deck as the boys used the pool and their fluffy white towels!
Korina and her line up

Peak hour traffic - Darwin Style!
We headed back to the resort grabbing some  supplies on the way, cooked up a feed for the Reid clan and then had just a couple of drinks, as after all it is Friday and I had been working today! The night followed the same pattern as the previous ones but it was somewhere after 2 when we surrendered to the zzzs 

No comments:

Post a Comment