Day 111 – 27/3/14 – Kalbarri WA

I had paid a quick visit to the mechanic yesterday to check that he had the right parts to get Izzy back on the road, in double quick time, and we were in luck – it was a perfect match. So I was at garage waiting for Glen, the mechanic, when he arrived...unfortunaltey so were 5 other people. My image of this being fixed by mid morning was squashed.

Once I returned to camp we headed over to the pelican feeding that was a bit on the quite side as only 1 pelican decided to turn up for the 30 or so gathered to see him. We wondered around town for a while and mulled around camp trying to waste time, all the time waiting to get a call. Around lunch I checked in and was none the wiser.

Eventually around 3pm the call came through that it was ready. I was stoked as that meant the boys and I could go to the headland for a spot of fishing and try and land some of the XOS Tailor (as Rob Duncan would put it) they have around these parts. Glen came to pick me up in Izzy and as soon as I was in he informed me that for ‘some reason’ the ABS and Traction Control lights were on and he couldn’t get them to go off. Rightio! he tried another couple of times and then found out that we were leaving in the morning so he would have to work on it tonight. OK...so there goes my second attempt at Kalbarri fishing.

We sat around the camp for the rest of the afternoon as, we had discovered, all of the ‘toys’ were in the back of the truck. Footballs, cricket gear, snorkels, boogie boards, fishing gear as well as the camera were all out of our reach.......the last of which clearly explains why there are no pictures associated with this post!

Around 6 Izzy turned up again, unfortunately, with the dash board still lit up like a Christmas tree. 

What to do...I made him write the details on the invoice and I headed home to have a couple of relaxing beers before heading in early. We are going to be up extra early tomorrow (6:30ish) so we can tackle ‘The Loop’ walk around the gorges of Kalbarri.

1 comment: