Day 133 - 18/4/14 – Cape Kereaudren WA

With high tide not due until lunch we couldn’t fish until 10ish so the boys headed off with their new BFF while I prepared all of the fishing gear. We were going to catch something, today come hell or high water!

The water came rushing into the inlet and so did the fish! Jack had some serious first world problems once he started fishing as he changed from lure to spoon to popper to bait! Sam had been using one of his poppers and got a good size queenie on but was busted of as he was using lite gear – Bugger! The biggest frustration was that you could see the fish as the water is so clear and at one point Sam was casting over the top of a huge queenie, it would come up to it, look at it, you could almost see it open its mouth and then change its mind...ahhhhh!!! He got another hit but just couldn’t hook one! 

After lunch they boys disappeared with the BFF and I returned to have a relaxing fish without my first world boys. I cast, flicked, jigged, popped and tried everything I could but I just couldn’t get one on! I did hook a monster for about 1 ½ seconds but it was obviously smarter than I was! In the end the fish had well and truly beat me. Bugger!

In the afternoon the boys walked across the flats again but spent an hour or so cracking oysters of the rocks. We did manage to get a few of them open but they were to small and I didn’t fancy putting a knife through my hand for the sake of a 2g morsel!



Being Good Friday we had fish for dinner but unfortunately it wasn’t fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment