Day 33 - 9/1/14 – Panmure VIC -> Port Fairy VIC

Again today we were up bright and early (well 7am anyway but we certainly don’t want to make a habit of this) because the boys were off to join the circus....the odd socks circus! We made our way through Warrnambool to Port Fairy and made sure that we were there on time as the boys, and maybe mum and dad just a little bit, were very excited as they were off to join the circus for...the whole day! Porty Fairy puts on a massive ‘festival’ for the month of January and one part is where kids 5 – 12 can go along and be part of the odd socks circus for the day...wait for it for $5 each 10am –  4pm including lunch. Needless to say we called ahead to secure their spot!

The camp ground was good enough to let us in at 9:30am and while De hit the laundry I dropped the boys of and bought a few thingys from the hardware shop. Yes while we were going to have the whole day without kids I had lined myself up with the major job or reorganising the back of the truck. Mad yes, insane no. The problem with being in a truck and van like Izzy and Gator is balancing the weight. Room wise we have space for a whole lot more gear but weight wise we are just about right, but there was a little bit too much sitting on Izzy’s back axel and not enough on Gator’s axel. So all of the work that I had done organising the false floor with eye nuts was in vain; fortunately not. I pulled everything out of the back of the truck and sprawled it over all our site and then pulled a couple of storage tubs out from under our van in the bed and proceeded to move everything in and out of them at least 4 or 5 times before I was happy that the weight balance was right as well as things that were needed were accessible without having to perform a triple back flip to get at them.

One of the things that has bugged me until this point (and there hasn’t been many) was Izzy’s auxillary battery and BCDC charger (that cost a pretty penny) haven’t been able to keep the charge up to the freezer in the back of Izzy. The melting of a number of wires was a bit of a concern so I decided I should get to the bottom of it. Half an hour of testing wires and another on the phone to Redarc tech support left me none the wiser and with nothing between here and Mt Gambier I booked myself into an auto electricion 1st thing tomorrow morning.

De and I then wandered down town for a leisurely lunch at one of the local cafe’s. After a wonderful meal De perused the shops while I chatted with the owner of the tackle shop and then met at the pub for a beer before going to pick the boys up.

Originally the circus vacation care was from 10 – 4pm however we were informed that we had to be back at 3pm for a show. I was thinking about calling the ACCC to take them for false advertising but decided that my $10 was pretty well spent!


After an interesting show, that didn't’t feature Sam, as he found a few friends and just played cricket for the whole 5 hours, we headed back to camp and I took the boys to the cricket nets that were just beside the van park.

It had been a very big day for the boys and it took them a while to wind down and eventually go to sleep, which was not the case for their mum and dad!




No comments:

Post a Comment